Getting Into the Fray: Civic Youth, Online Dialogue, and Implications for Digital Literacy Education
An interview with Rawan Damen, project manager of Al Jazeera’s Palestine Remix project, discussing the use of remix in political and historical storytelling, as well the ethical and technical challenges involved.
An examination of educators’ use of the web resource By Any Media Necessary, a tool to help students master skills and competencies necessary for effectively harnessing digital media and participatory politics.
Digital literacy and social benefits met in the form of the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge in August 2014. This study assessed the experience of participants in the challenge to understand the relationships between altruism, motivation to participate, and digital literacy.
This paper outlines common themes within the design of digital media tools, with the goal of offering students a more critical lens with which to engage as they go about employing these media in a variety of contexts, and of offering scholars a simplified, design-based framework for furthering research and theory.
WATCH A VIDEO DISCUSSION WITH THE AUTHORS OF VOLUME 5, ISSUE 1
- Google Docs and Hapara: Digital Tool Review on
- Passionate Affinity Spaces on Reddit.com: Learning Practices in the Gluten-free Subreddit on
- Needle in a Haystack: Digital Literacy in the Age of Infinite Information on
- The Challenge of Digital Hearing on
- Youth Voices for Change: Building Political Efficacy and Civic Engagement through Digital Media Literacy on